Installing a new lock on your door is an important project, especially when your main purpose is upgrading your home or office security.
Therefore, it is important to take the necessary steps to ensure the lock is installed properly and of course, that you have the right door lock.
There are many different options out there, some are more suitable for residential and others, for commercial purposes. (This is especially true when it comes for thicker doors or metal doors)
FA Locksmith in Raleigh, NC can help you choose the right lock for your home or business, as well as installing the lock correctly on a wood or metal doors. We have years of experience with different types of locks and setups so we can help you wherever you are in the triangle area.
Let’s take a look at a few important points to remember before you call for lock installation:
- Determine the type of lock you need: There are different types of locks available such as deadbolts, knob knobs, keypad locks and smart locks (Bluetooth or fingerprint operated). FA Locksmith can help you choose the right one for you.
- The installation process (which we refer to as fresh installation) is different for wood and metal doors. Therefore, make sure to take that under consideration as there are many locks that will fit to only one type of door.
- Usage and weather conditions can vastly affect the durability of a lock. Do you need a lock for a large business which is located on an outside door or a lock that is rarely used for a storage unit?
- Choose the right lock grade you need: Invest in a good-quality lock from a well known brand such as Kwikset or Schlage for residential locks or Kaba and Mult-Lock for commercial use. FA Locksmith in Raleigh has a huge variety of locks in stock you can choose from.
- Consider rekeying the new locks to your existing locks so you will have the same key. FA Locksmith also offers on site rekeying services for your convenience.
- Ask for an estimate before you make your decision and make sure you compare the same lock, brand, and grade if you get a few quotes as the price varies greatly between different types of locks.
Finally, remember that your home or business security is our top priority. We will take all the necessary steps, time and attention to make sure you get the right lock, at the right price and second to none customer service. Call FA Locksmith in Raleigh today.